We traveled the middle part of Japan as shown in the zoomed out map below. The adjacent map shows all the places we visited on this trip (listed in detail below).
- Arrived in Tokyo (A)
- Checked out Asakusa Temple, Imperial Palace (which doesn't have much to check out), Akihabara neighborhood (electronic/gadget town) and ended the day at the ritzy Roppongi Hills
- Explored Tokyo Tower and surrounding areas, Ginza, Shinjuku, Harajuku and Shibuya neighborhoods of Tokyo. Dined in Shibuya at the hole-in-the-wall mentioned in the previous post
- Took the Shinkansen (bullet train) to Kyoto (B) and stayed at the night at the Ryokan mentioned in the previous post
- Explored the Gion district, known for its Geisha sightings, but unfortunately didn't catch a glimpse of any
- Also visited the Kiyomizudera Temple,